Dr. Yaqin Xia is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She joined the Department in September, 2005, and provides outpatient clinical care at the UPP Family Practice Squirrel Hill and inpatient care at Magee Womens Hospital currently. As a Family Physician, she has a goal to work closely with her team to provide dedicated and comprehensive clinical care to patients, male and female of all ages. Dr. Xia speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese. She enjoys serving patients from different culture background and is committed to serving undeserved population. Dr. Xia has been involved in teaching medical students at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Precepting UPMC family medicine residents. She has been providing medical care to Chinese patients without health insurance at the annual Free Chinese Clinic in Pittsburgh and promoting culture sensitive medical care through working with medical students from Asian Pacific American Student Association.
- Bachelor of Medicine from Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China, in 1987
- MHPE (Master of Health Professional Education) from the University of Illinois, Chicago and Beijing Medical University, China in 1992
- Certificate in Computer Science from Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand in 2002
- She finished Family Medicine Residency Training at Forbes Regional Hospital in 2005
- • Predoctoral Education Fellowship Certificate offered by American Academy of Family Practice in 2009
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine